Back-friendly office chairs
What are the demands placed on back-friendly office chairs? On the one hand, back-friendly office chairs prevent back pain, on the other hand, a back-friendly desk chair should alleviate existing back problems. In this category you will find back-friendly office chairs from HARA CHAIR that meet these requirements. Our specialist advisors will be happy to help you find the right office chair for your back.
Desk work, but please back-friendly
Back pain is one of the most common diseases. Many missed days are caused by back problems. The economic impact is enormous. The reason: we sit too much, on average it is six hours a day. The human body is more made for running. The one-sided strain when sitting at a desk has health consequences. The tense muscles pinch, the back hurts, the neck, neck, shoulders and lumbar spine are particularly susceptible. After all, office workers with eight-hour days spend about 80,000 hours in a chair over their lifetime. Reason enough to choose your office chair carefully.
The basics of back-friendly sitting
Office work is often anything but back-friendly. Statically wedged between the seat and the backrest, the spine usually doesn’t have much room to move. The connective tissue cakes, the fascia sticks together, the muscles become inflamed, the back pulls and hurts. It is therefore important to have a back-friendly office chair. How you can recognize a back-friendly office chair is explained briefly and concisely in the following points.
• What is important in a back-friendly office chair? A back-friendly office chair should be as ergonomic as possible, i.e. it should be able to be adapted to individual body dimensions and adjusted to be comfortable for the back. In addition, a back-friendly office chair should encourage constant movement when sitting.
• For whom is a back-friendly office chair suitable? Anyone who does a sedentary job for several hours a day benefits from a back-friendly office chair. In the case of back problems, such as after a herniated disc or a severe hollow back, office chairs that are easy on the back make it easier to sit and alleviate existing complaints. But even healthy people use a back-friendly office chair because it takes individual body size into account. It is particularly important that an office chair can be individually adjusted.
And how do I have to adjust my office chair so that my back is protected when sitting?
• Floor contact: Upper and lower legs should form a right angle when sitting. It is best to keep your feet flat on the floor when sitting.
• Seat: The seat should be fully utilized when sitting. Ideally, there should still be two to three fingers between the back of your knees and the front edge of the seat.
• Backrest: The back has as direct contact as possible with the backrest. This should reach at least the shoulder blades and be adjusted in such a way that the rear upper pelvic area is effectively supported. This is the only way to keep your back straight when leaning against it.
• Armrest: So that the muscles in the shoulders and arms do not become tense, the upper and lower arms also form a right angle when the armrests are adjusted correctly. span>
Caution, your back-friendly office chair should definitely have these two functions:
• The lumbar support: The padded support in the area of the lumbar spine protects the lower back. Also known as lordosis support, the bulging padding in the backrest provides support for the lower back. Doctors call the natural S-curve in the lower spine lordosis. If this curvature is more pronounced, doctors speak of a hollow back. A back-friendly backrest should therefore always take this curvature in the lumbar spine into account and support it.
• A split seat that is easy on the back: Flexible, moveable seat modules are easy on the back because they enable dynamic sitting and thus keep the pelvis and spine mobile during office work . After all, anyone who sits for several hours a day forces their musculoskeletal system into an unnatural, rigid posture. But the back needs movement. HARA CHAIR recognized this deficit when sitting and developed the patented, split seat. The office chairs from HARA CHAIR thus enable back-friendly, dynamic sitting.
Basically, ergonomists recommend dynamic sitting. In order to relieve the strain on your back, you should change your sitting position as often as possible between leaning forward, upright and leaning back. Because a back-friendly office chair does not mean protection and comfort, but movement when sitting. This loosens the fascia, improves blood circulation in the connective tissue, the muscles remain relaxed and back pain is effectively prevented.
The HARA CHAIR models enable the principle of dynamic sitting through a two-part seat. This ergonomically adapts to the angle of the pelvis by moving vertically with every movement. This reduces the pressure on the pelvis and protects the back. The backrest of HARA CHAIR also supports the spine dynamically. The back cushions of the split backrest adapt to the back at the optimal angle. The intervertebral discs are protected and the cruciate ligaments are relieved. A crooked posture and deformation of the spine is counteracted.
Back-friendly office chairs for long periods of sitting
The HARA CHAIR models are specially designed for long periods of sitting in the office. The split seat is integrated in all office chairs from HARA CHAIR. Only the orthopedic back support differs. The NIE and NWL models, for example, are not only equipped with a split seat but also with a split backrest. This is different with the ZEN-LS, ZEN and CAE models, whose closed backrest effectively supports the lumbar region in particular. The HARA CHAIR model ZEN-LS even has an integrated upholstery. This lordosis support relieves the lumbar spine. The ZEN-LS model is particularly suitable for people with a slight to severe hollow back or after a herniated disc. Also, the ergonomic shapes of the ZEN and CAE models support the loins as well as the shoulders and are very comfortable thanks to their padding. The CAE model, an executive chair, is ideal for tall and heavy people to sit on thanks to its wide seat, high backrest and stable construction.
Which model is “the” back-friendly office chair depends on your personal requirements. Body weight plays a role here, as does the individual symptoms. If you have already had a herniated disc in the lumbar spine, you could benefit from a lumbar support. You can try out for yourself at home with a rolled-up towel or pillow whether you find the S padding in the lower back comfortable.
Order your back-friendly office chair in the HARA STUHL online shop. Our employees will be happy to advise you and will contact you immediately by telephone or e-mail. Tell us your height and weight. And if you should suffer from back problems, this information would also be relevant for the selection of the right office chair.
We will check for you whether you have chosen the right HARA CHAIR model. With this we want to ensure that the model meets your ergonomic and orthopedic requirements. We will only send you your back-friendly office chair after a consultation.